6 THINGS TO DO IF YOU HAVE A FLAT TYRE ON A MOTION
There are 6 simple steps to take within a maximum of 2 minutes and you will be safe, these by the grace of God I have been familiar with for decades. They are as follow:
(1) DON’T PANIC in the event of a blowout, calm yourself down fast because your car will start misbehaving and you need to take charge.
(2) Hold FIRMLY to your steering wheel with both hand, NO VIGOROUS TURNING, as you concentrate on the road and your mirrors, in seconds study the movement pattern of the car. Your car will naturally swerve to the direction of the burst tyre.
(3) Gradually take off your foot from the accelerator, DON’T EVER ATTEMPT TO PRESS THE BRAKES, IF YOU DO, YOU HAVE A 95% CHANCE OF A SOMERSAULT. The car will decelerate gradually while you concentrate on the road to avoid collision with any other road user.
(4) Disengage the gears of the car by shifting to neutral (N) as you still maintain a firm grip on the steering wheel and put your eyes on the road.
(5) After a while depending on your initial speed, your car comes to a speed less than 60km/h when it is now safe to GRADUALLY apply the brakes and navigate to the side walk
(6) Ultimately, it is now safe to put the car to a complete stop and turn off the engine. You have just saved yourself and passengers from untimely death
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A TYRE BLOWOUT WHILE STILL ON MOTION
Of course, everyone in the car will be in a panic mode BUT this is NOT THE TIME TO LISTEN TO THEM, it is TIME TO CONCENTRATE.
Please, don’t just read share on your page and copy to other platforms, you may just be about to save a life.
I pray that God will continue to keep us safe as we use the roads.
Read more on MAJOR CAUSES OF TYRE BURST IN NIGERIA
Facebook: Mrpounds transportation master
Call and whatsApp on :+2348036030232